We are pleased to announce that the draft programme for the Berlin 10 Open Access Conference is now available. To view the programme, click here.
This Conference wishes to bring together internationally recognised speakers and Open Access experts from all disciplines. Some of the key speakers to present include:
- Dr Horst Freitag (Ambassador, German Embassy, South Africa)
- Prof Russel Botman (Rector & Vice-Chancellor, Stellenbosch University, South Africa)
- Mr Derek Hanekom (Deputy Minister of Science and Technology, South African Government, South Africa)
- Ms Máire Geoghegan-Quinn (European Commissioner for Research, Innovation and Science, European Commission, Belgium)
- Dr Cameron Neylon (Advocacy Director, Public Library of Science (PLoS), United Kingdom)
- Prof Bernard Schutz (Director, Albert Einstein Institute, Max Planck Society, Germany)
- Mr Cyril Muller (Vice President, External Affairs, The World Bank, United States of America)
- South African representative from the Square Kilometre Array (SKA) Project
And many more!
The theme of this Conference, ‘Networked scholarship in a networked world: Participation in Open Access’, addresses access to scientific knowledge for countries worldwide. The Conference offers a unique opportunity for African institutions and organisations to fully engage in discussions about improved publication models and the use of network infrastructure to promote science. For more information about the themes, click here.
To register for the Conference and Pre-conference Workshops, please visit: http://www.lib.sun.ac.za/b10/register.html
Please note that space is limited. Early Bird registration closes on the 15th of September 2012, and General Registration on the 24th of October 2012.
For registration enquiries, please contact:
Ellen Claasen email@example.com
All other enquiries can be directed to:
Ina Smith firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit: http://www.berlin10.org/reg.html